Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Celebrate Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you all are surprised to hear after from me after all these months but I am doing great and going full speed ahead once again. My transplant truly gave me a new life and each day gives me new strength to continue on.  I continue to see the doctor monthly as he comes to Midland and watch over my counts and be sure all continues to go well. I don't have to take near as much medicine as in the past and can eat almost anything just need to watch amount. I have learned to listen to my body on eating and how much activity to do. I continue to praise God for my new life and thank Him each day that I am here and can enjoy my family and friends each day.

We had a wonderful holiday with all the kids and grandkids in and it was wonderful to celebrate another Christmas with everyone. Every holiday and milestone is a time to celebrate and enjoy to the fullest.  Two weeks before Christmas I broke my leg and have it in a splint but it didn't slow me down any and it won't be very much longer and I will be out of it and I can drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I kinda have cabin fever and of course my independence has been slowed down. I guess God wanted me closer to home for a while.  Just another bump in the road.  During my stay at home I chose to have lasik on my eyes so I don't have to wear glasses, the eye doctor implanted bi-focal implants in them. Kinda like science fiction, huh? Did one three weeks ago and will do the other one this Wednesday. The worse part is not being able to wear eye make-up which is a stretch since I have worn it since I was 13 years old. So far I have survived but it"s not fun looking old and hagered without paint. When this is over I truly will be a bionic woman-new blood, new eyes and fake everything. Isn't life wonderful????!!!!!

I did have wonderful news this past week, my donor released his permission to give me his information. I received all the information last week and since then have e-mailed him and heard back and it is thrilling. Truly like a new family member. He is a 23 year old young man who is in the marines and serving in Afghanistan. He will be back state side in a month and out of the service in 5 months. He is from Tennessee and seems like a wonderful young man. His picture looks just like my big brother when he was in high school. What a giving young man who I thank God for daily. His selfless gift saved my life. It has been such fund learning about him and being able to thank him. I look forward to meeting him face to face someday soon.

i continue to be honored to visit with numerous people who have or are going through treatment for cancer or transplant. I marvel at the strength our Father gives those who choose to call on His name and give Him the battle as they become warriors. I feel so honored to be able to be a part of the battle and be able to share what I learned and continue to learn through my journey with Christ by my side. I, like Paul, know that it was a priviledge to be allowed to go through the fire and realize it is my turn to help others in the journey they are on.

I share this verse with you-"You, Lord God, are with me. You are mighty to safe, You will take great delight in me.  You will quiet me with Your love, You will rejoice over me with singing" (Zeph 3:17)  Oh how the Lord has sang over me these past few years-I hear His voice loud and clear each and every day of my life-and Oh what a glorious life He has chosen to give me.. Thank you my Jesus, I will continue to sing praises to you!

God is good-----------all the time!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment