Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

day 8

Omg it seems like everyday there is a new set of problems to address. I am right on schedule but its hard to convince my brain that I should hurt like this. I know I am tough and try not to complain but I HURT all over. They started giving me the shots today to jump start my bone marrow. I have had them before and they just make you feel like you have the flu in your bones. My old left hip has decided to be squirrely and hurts like one other time before many years ago. My mouth sores are still ripe and I can't eat except ice chips and a popsicle every now and then. I know thats hard to believe, most of you have seen me eat. Believe me there comes a time when you couldn't eat even if someone held a gun to your head. I did have some fat to live off of but didn't have this in mind for a weight loss plan. Oh well, this too shall pass!
These people work with you everyway possible to make you comfortable. This little pump has helped so much, just don't want to be hooked although they say you can't be. Just not used to giving in and admitting I need help.
We covet each and every prayer that has been sent up on our behalf. I would definitely have given up many days before. You are all so precious to us.
Better days lay ahead!
Rom 15:13 God of hope, please fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in You, so that I may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Ps 51:8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones You have crushed rejoice. Ps 65:9 You care for me far more than the land You enrich abundantly. Flood my dry soul with the streams of God and fill me with joy.
I am ready for streams of joy and my bones to rejoice!!!!!!!!!!!

God is good-------------all the time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment