Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Praises for the Miracle

Yesterday the visit to the doctor was such wonderful news that I have waited to hear since the beginning of this journey---"total remission and no signs of cancer". Dr. Barryman was so excited to bring me the news and those words were more beautiful than any I had heard for so long. Of course, if you know me you won't be surprised, I totally fell apart because I was so happy. We all hugged including the doctor, he is so wonderful about being involved with his patience and for that I am so grateful. I just said praise Jesus and so did Dr. Barryman. During this whole process he has been so wonderful to be up front with his faith and give God the credit for each milestone of the transplant.
I go back to the clinic on Friday and if all is well we will go to my brothers home in Tyler for Thanksgiving then back here to clinic on Monday and if all is the same home to Midland. I can't tell you how excited I am to be back home with family and friends in familiar surroundings. Celebrating the holiday season this year will be a little more special and so sweet. Praise you Jesus for bringing us through this!
These verses tell you how I feel about being at the end of this part of my journey.
Ps 66:8-10 Praise You, my God! Let the sound of Your praise be heard. You have preserved my life and kept my feet from slipping. For You, O God, tested me; You refined me like silver.
Jer. 31:3-4 You, O Lord, love me with an everlasting love; You have drawn me with loving kindness. You will build me up again and I will be rebuilt. I will take up my tambourine and go out to dance with the joyful!
Finally in Ps. 31:7-8 I will be glad ad rejoice in Your love, O God, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place. Hallelujah! Praise you my sweet Jesus!

God is good-----all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment