Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So Much to be Thankful for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a day it will be---Thanksgiving this year will be filled with so much to be thankful for. The last few weeks have been filled with blessings from my Jesus and just the fact I am here to celebrate is enough. On top of that I am feeling great and improving everyday and get to be with my brother and his family. Two months ago I would have never dreamed I would be able to even enjoy being alive and aware of all the undeserved blessings.

My girls are both with their in-laws but that is okay because we get to have them for Christmas. Woohoo. What a Christmas that will be since we have TWO grandbabies on the way. Sabastian Outlaw will be born to Melissia and Josh in January and Zeela Lynn will be born to Weslee and Zach in March. Can you even imagine what next Christmas will be like. Of course this Christmas will be filled with "princess" surprises for our precious Shiloh. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Our Marshall will be with us for Thanksgiving and we are so thankful for that. We will leave for Tyler earlier in the morning. Then let the praising begin!

I had a doctor visit on this past Monday and everything looked great still. I don't have to go back until next Monday and then Dr. Berryman said if all is well, home to Midland! So excited to return to family and friends, and especially to my own home. Somehow thought this day would never come. It seems so long ago since I left and of course we have been through so much since then. The worst of the transplant is over and now we just watch for rejection or infection. We are praying God will protect from those so that all goes well. I see Dr. Berryman the following Thursday as he will come for clinical visits that day. That in itself is a blessing that was set up before I even needed it. Isn't God great!

Thanksgiving takes on a whole new meaning in my life now. It's not just a sweet little holiday tucked between Halloween and Christmas but one to truly give thanks for what God has handed me and us as a family. Praises I am here for the holiday, out of the hospital, not nauseated, eating and not hooked up to an IV. Most of all I am in remission with no signs of leukemia or any other kind of cancer. Six months ago the future looked bleak with little hope of that. What a journey it has been, not all wonderful but what God has done with it has been another miracle in my life. I find it hard to even put into words what I am feeling but I can say that life is so much sweeter, the days are brighter, the nights calmer, the wind feels good on my skin, my family is more special, my husband I love even more and above all my God is greater! Praise Him for the journey and all the blessings it brought.

O God, help me always to be thankful that I am loved by You, because from the beginning You chose me to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth (2 Thess. 2:13)
You, O Lord, love me with an everlasting love; You have drawn me with loving kindness. You will build me up again and I will be rebuilt. I will take up my tambourine and go out to dance with the joyful! (Jer. 31:3-4)

Lord, I am so ready to pick up that tambourine and dance with joy. I couldn't be more joyful and that makes the holidays more special than ever! Thank You, thank You for the chance to dance once again. I pray that I never miss that dance. Amen

God is good-----------all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment