Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Monday, July 4, 2011

One more week off---------woohoo!

Dr. Carr is trying to get me an appointment with the transplant doctor in Dallas so she chose not to put me back in the hospital for more chemo until after the appointment so my counts would be strong. Seems the insurance company is satisfied with the tests they demanded which all came back negative just as Dr. Carr said they would. Funny how now days people who are not even doctors are able to call the shots. Oh well as long as they okay the typing and eventually the transplant. I am not looking forward to the transplant but I would like to get on with it and just get it over with. I have learned I must just go one day at a time and stop anticipating the future and what it might bring. I have always been one to plan ahead and know where I was heading and hopefully planning of the outcome. That is obviously a lesson the good Lord wanted me to learn as every time I look to the future I become so overwhelmed I just give up so I have learned to stop and just live in the moment. For that reason I am so enjoying my home, family, friends and especially my own bed with my wonderful husband. I live from one doctors appointment to the next!

We just seem to be such slow learners or at least I am anyway-and I bet I have a few like me out there. Our lessons seemed to be best learned, or only learned, in the midst of the refining fire when God always tells us the easy way to go and how best to get to the other end of the road. He tells us His yolk is light and easy, yet we weight ourselves down with our own yolks. He tells us two is always better than one when going through the storms yet we insist on going it alone because we are tough and don't need anyone! I have experienced first hand that during the times when I thought I couldn't go on there was always someone to say WE will do this together and I always felt the hand of God through that family member or friend. So often said but so true, He carries us every step of the way. Oh but if we would just let Him!

So many of you out there have said so often that this blog and my family has made such an impact on your lives as you have watched us travel this journey. I hope it has all been good impacts and that somehow God has been glorified in so many ways.
These verses speak my heart:
Ps 126:5-6 "The Lord will do great things for me, and I will be filled with joy. I will sow in tears, then I will reap with songs of joy. If I go out weeping, Lord, carrying sheaves with me."
1 Pet 5:10 "Please help me be willing to sow the seed of Your Word and to water it with my tears, believing You in the midst of my pain. If I do, You will be faithful to fill me with joy again. You will faithfully bring harvest forth from my life. My suffering will not be in vain.
You, the God of all grace, who called me to Your eternal glory in Christ, will restore me and make me strong, firm, and steadfast after I have suffered a little while."
My prayer is that the seeds that God has given our family to sow on this journey will be sheaves we will carry with us. I pray God will continue to be glorified and our tears will be seeds that will grow into great joy for the Lord as others observe us on this fiery journey. Lord continue to use us and may others see Jesus in us! This journey will not be in vain! I don't know how long this journey will be whether for the remainder of my life or only for a season-but I am sure of one thing I am not alone and God carries me every step of the way and continues to know what will come next--He is already there!
I pray that at the end of this journey of life that I will stand before my Lord and He will be able to say-well done lady, I told you could do it and do it you did!

God is good----------all the time!

1 comment:

  1. "13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
    14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
    Isn't it amazing how much our bodies can endure, and then bounce back? Sorry the road has been so long and difficult. Thrilled that God has brought you through victoriously. "Willing to remain in Him when you are weak." You've got that lesson down pat. Hoepfully, school will be out soon . . . and you won't have to learn any new lessons.

    Love and Hugs,
    LaRee

    ReplyDelete