Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chemo is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went for blood work and chemo yesterday and my blood counts had bottomed out again. Dr. said they were lower than before, red, white, platelets, all of them. Just my body saying it has had enough and she said so as well. She is not willing to risk permanent damage to the bone marrow by trying to finish the last two treatments and I so agree with her. We will go back on Tuesdays for a while for blood counts until they come back up. She suggested we may have to do some more shots and another transfusion in order to get everything working again. I am not gonna lie, I am concerned because they fell again so drastically but I do realize that, again, God is in control and He will put them where they need to be. My prayer is that I don't have a recurrence of the cancer because my bone marrow is not tolerating the treatment well anymore and that makes it hard to treat. Each day I must remind myself that God still carries me and that He knew that this was the outcome before it happened so He will orchestrate the future and I need to let it go! It always takes me a few days to sort through things when changes have to be made. I am so glad that this is in His hands and I can Let It Go! Which I shall.

I am excited about the fact that my body can now get on with the task of recovery and renewal of every inch that has been touched by the chemo. The next few months will be exciting as everyday is on the path to strength and recovery. Yippee! As I said before I never want to forget where this path has taken me because I have learned so much and my desire is to continue to learn and grow in the Lord. What a lesson and oh what a journey! Now on to a new chapter-thank you Lord for lessons learned, new friends, and a closer walk with you.

"My faithful God, I thank You for the grace, mercy, and peace from You the Father and from Jesus Christ, Your Son, that is with me in truth and love." (2 John 3)

God is good--------------all the time! susan

1 comment:

  1. I love you, my sweet friend. We will continue to pray for full healing and recovery to make you stronger than ever. You are so very precious to me!
    Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete