Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Praises!

Yesterday was another doctors appointment to check blood levels and see where we go from here. PRAISES-they are coming up on their own; slowly but responding. I didn't have to do any further shots or transfusions so everything seems to be working like it is suppose to and hasn't been damaged permanently. I can't even tell you what a relief that is to know that the bone marrow is responding. My mind had gone all over the place with what ifs if it didn't respond and start up again. God is definitely good and puts all the pieces together and they always fit perfectly!

Funny, yesterday as I heard the doctor say I didn't have to come back for a month and then only for counts I didn't really even know what to feel or how to react. The appointments have become a part of my life and the anticipation of what I would face with each one was a part of that. I seemed to be quiet numb and in a fog. But, alas, as I woke up this morning I am so excited I can hardly hold it in as I realize this part of the journey is over and I can begin to move on with a new journey, one of healing and building strength again. I think my daughter, Weslee said it best when she said "Mom do you look back and say, did that just really happen?" It seemed everything just happened so fast and all the bad memories, pain, sickness, and uncertainty are pushed so far back that I don't even remember them anymore. Again, part of God's plan I am sure. I am to remember the good family times, good friends, love given and taken, new adventures, laughter and lessons taught and learned. That is what I will carry with me through the months and years to come as I look back and answer the question as to whether that happened or not!

Monday I will go to have my port taken out; I will not miss that little friend. The final step in the close of the chemo chapter of the cancer journey. It served its purpose and the scar will remind me of how much easier that made it for the treatments. I bare it proudly and with thankfulness as a reminder.

I have to close with the opening to Beth Moore's devotional yesterday-she said it best, "perhaps the most profound miracle of all is living through something we thought would kills us." God and I did and it didn't! Father help me to be confident of this that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Phil. 1:6).

God is good---------------all the time! susan

1 comment: