Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Countdown begins again

Well, my white blood counts were back up and strong so I was able to have chemo on Tuesday. My how fast we forget how bad that stuff makes you feel. I actually felt like a human again, but was reminded on Thursday how it knocks you down and then rolls over you. This round of chemo is so different than the first medicines they gave me. You feel nothing for the first two days and then wake up on the third day and hit a brick wall. Such soreness and fatigue and for some reason it affects my digestion (as does everything else these days-think it could be my age?). But good news that only lasts for about 3 days and on the Lord's Day I feel good again. Praises for that! The really good news is that I only have TWO more of these treatments to go and I am so through!!!!!!!!!!! As I look back I still am in amazement at how it has gone and hasn't been nearly as bad as it could have been. Sorta like having a baby, how soon we forget the discomfort and I am sure that is in the Lord's plan as well.

Our preacher is doing a sermon series on spiritual warfare and today talked about angels and how they were all around us and were God's messengers and our protectors. I had to chuckle and thought how amazing it would have been to see God's angels as they were put in motion as my cancer was found. I look back and am amazed at how paths were cleared and things were set in motion so quickly and of course how I have been able to handle this whole process with the grace God has so graciously covered me with. I know those little angels tongues are hanging out and they will be glad when this process is over so they can get some rest from me. They have certainly worked overtime and done a superb job. Thank you my Father for covering me! But then I knew you would-we just need to be reminded sometime-boy have I been reminded!

This scripture is so appropriate for these days-"Father, by faith in the name of Jesus, make me strong. Help me to realize that it is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through Him that heal me." (Acts 3-16) I pray Lord that I will never forget how it has felt to have You by my side in this journey, keep that memory forever fresh in my mind.

God is good---------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment