Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I am officially "deported"

Last Monday the doctor removed my port and I am officially through with the treatments for this cancer that was a short detour in my life. What a detour it was though but I can honestly say it is amazing to see the footprints of the Lord written all over it.

I am sitting in this quiet house right now after a wonderful Thanksgiving day vacation and reflecting on all I truly have to be thankful for. This holiday season will really have a special meaning because of the journey I have taken since June when I found the cancer.

My house is decorated for the holidays (of course after much gritching and moaning from the husband and especially the son because of all the stuff strewn all over and me cracking the whip to get it all done). Actually they were pretty good sports and helped, especially in the attic. Melissia really worked hard to get it all done because that's what "mom" wants-working no playing! Weslee and her family were at the in-laws (she gets to help put all this stuff up) but we get them at Christmas and that is wonderful. Can't wait to see Shiloh get into everything. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful bunch of kiddos!

As we go into the holiday season I have to say gifts don't seem nearly as important although I love buying for the family. Our gift was my health and I think they would all agree. I am just so thankful to be here and able to share in all the festivities and have my health coming back in time to enjoy everyone. I know that it is much more important to be here sharing than it is to have everything perfect for everyone. God has taught me so much as I have stated a thousand times before. I promise just to sit Christmas morning and watch and soak up all the love and beautiful pictures that I am so glad to be a part of.

The removal of the port left a scar on my chest but it will always serve as a reminder of the year that God took me on the journey of a lifetime. I truly praise Him for all the lessons.

Speaking of journeys the love of my life, Wes, and I have been married 33 wonderful years as of yesterday. He was such a rock during these past few months and I love him more and more with each passing day. He was given just to me by a merciful God and I thank Him so. Happy anniversary Wes, I love you!

I close with this scripture, "Praise You, my God! Let the sound of Your praise be heard; You have preserved my life and kept my feet from slipping. For You, O God, tested me; You refined me like silver" (Ps. 66:8-10) I pray that I have been found worthy. I give you praise and thank you for the test!

God is good-------------all the time! susan

1 comment:

  1. Miss Susan - we need a new blog update! HOw are things going these days?!

    ReplyDelete