Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received word from the doctors nurse as to a schedule for go ahead with the transplant plans. My sweet young donor had his physical on Monday and they are awaiting results but she said they do not anticipate any problems so they had drawn up a schedule to let me know so I could go ahead and make plans. Finally, seems we have been trying to get here for a life time. I am scheduled to see Dr. Berryman in Dallas on Monday afternoon, then go into the hospital on Tuesday morning. They will replace my Hickman with a PicLine (those are both devices implanted into a main artery that the meds and chemo can go into). I think they both primarily do the same thing, just different brands. Chemo will start on Wednesday and will continue up until transplant on October 12. The chemo is to kill off all my white counts so that they can be replaced with healthy ones from the donor. His stem cells will take over and be leukemia free and healthy. Praise God for the precious donor who has literally saved my life.
I know there will be many days of sickness and feeling bad but I will not face that alone. Just as in the past, my Jesus will be holding me up and so many friends will be continually praying me through this.
I won't say I am not anxious about this whole process. It is all obviously uncharted territory and therefore my flesh self turns to fear about what will and could happen on this part of the journey. I do know though that the author of fear is not God and I refuse to let Satin feel like he is winning that battle. I will turn my focus on the Lord when those uneasy thoughts enter my mind and remember He is in control and is already paving the way on the other side of this part of the journey.
Again I turn to God's word in Matthew 5:35 "I confess to You that I am overwhelmed by the task ahead but I am thankful that You have authority over all things. Heaven is Your throne; earth is Your footstool" God has authority over this whole transplant process, He picked this donor, He picked this time, place, and doctors and His plan will be carried through to the end. My prayer is that I will be a joy for Him to watch as I travel through this task He has given me in-may He be pleased with me as His child!
"O God, let it be said of me that my faith is growing more and more, and the love I have for others is increasing!" (2 Thess. 1:3. "How I pray that You may count me worthy of Your calling, and that by Your power You may fulfill every good purpose of mine and every act prompted by my faith" (2 Thess. 1:11).
This is my prayer as I begin this part of the journey---"Lord God, I desire that these things will be remembered before You: my work produced by faith, my labor prompted by love, and my endurance inspired by hope in my Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess. 1:3).
I claim the power of your healing Lord, and that you will make me strong during these next few months. Amen and Amen

God is good---------all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Susan God used you this morning to encourage me and to point me more toward the author and finisher of our faith. Am praying for you today as you walk through, what I know will be, some uncomfortable moments. But as Marshall and I prayed this morning, what's so beautiful to watch is how you and your family continually point others toward the One who holds each of us in the palm of His hand. I'm praying for strength, protection for your health as you undergo the chemo, and that you will feel God's nearness every step of the way. Tammy

    ReplyDelete