Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

HALF WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praises, I am half way through my chemo, really more than that because my next appointment will be in 2 weeks and then I will have chemo every Tuesday for 4 weeks. This will be a different medicine, no nausea, no headaches-just tingling in fingers and toes and "loose stools"-bring on the depends! Dr. Carr did tell me I probably would be more tired and that I am anemic again so that will be more tired but it is almost over. Just pray my counts stay up so I can get this over with and move on.

I marvel at how well my body has really done through this whole ordeal. I see so many people that can't even function through these treatments. So far God has allowed me to keep going and lead a quality life with family and friends. What a mighty God we serve, He never sleeps or slumbers and is very true to His promise that He will never leave us or forsake us! This is one grateful child of God!

We are doing David Nasser's A CALL TO DIE along with the youth at church. One of the days lessons was on God's grace and why He allows suffering in our lives since we are His children. I loved what it said and want to share some of his words with you. I challenge you to get this book and allow yourself to be carried through it-not easy but very wise words!

"Pain produces character in our lives like no amount of pleasure possibly can..........When we go to Him in desperation, our ears and our hearts are more open to Him than ever before.................Failure and rejection have a way of stripping us of dependence on our own abilities. We realize we can't accomplish a thing apart from God's direction and power. As our motives are purified and our faith grows, we are better able to rest in and trust in God's hands. This will allow us to become more useful in His loving hands.
I sure wish these lessons could be given by injection, but they are learned only in the tough school of suffering..............I'm talking about the specific trials that God allows us to go through to make to make us more like Christ. It doesn't happen just once. Resistance and repetition of exercise makes muscles grow. Suffering and repetition of trusting God in those painful times makes our faith grow in Him.
God is much more interested in our faith in Him growing than in our comfort and pleasure. Are we?" I pray that my faith may grow by leaps and bounds as I go through this fiery furnace. Thank you God for the furnace.

God is good--------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment