Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Some days are just hard!

Some days it's just hard to get out of bed and go on with daily activities. I realize how some people on chemo would just go to bed and not get up until all the stuff was over. Fortunately I am not made that way and when that feeling hit this morning I reminded myself to get my tail out of bed, get in the shower and go to work where I belonged. These days are days when I could be me focused and I realize that I must be God focused and ask what I can do for Him that day.
Always at work there are smiling faces that welcome me and wonderful customers that come in and are so glad to see all of us at the store. God knows what I need on these days and I am so grateful for that.

Praise God the nausea has subsided and no more headaches. I have aches in my joints, and the inside of my mouth feels like dogs sleep in it nightly and that never goes away. All food taste like cardboard but somehow I just keep eating so I won't get weak. I seem to be a bit off balanced (funny I know but a little more than usual). The tips of my fingers feel like leather and are beginning to peel. I will say I am tired beyond description as well. All of this is normal and will go away with time. None of these things is something I can't deal with-it's not eternal-and is a small price to pay for the destruction of any renegade cells floating around in this ol' body.

I don't want this to sound like a pity party because it's not. Just a dialogue so you know what it is like to have chemo, especially anyone else you know. The food being brought is a God send and of course the cards are so welcomed and I so look forward to them. Friends are more special than ever and then there is my remarkable family. The kids have been wonderful and always there for me. Then there is my beloved Wes, always there and never complaining and always uplifting and loving me through it all. I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Then of course there is my God, who continues to hold me up with His hands and carries me when I can't go anymore. What would I do without that faith that grows daily. He is my rock and my redeemer and because of Him I know I can face tomorrow!

But I trust in You O Lord, I say, "You are my God". My times are in Your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. Let Your face shine on Your servant; save me in Your unfailing love. (Ps. 31:13-16). How I thank You, Lord, for having the power to turn any curse into a blessing for me, because You, the Lord my God, loves me (Deut. 23:5). Amen

God is good----------all the time! susan

1 comment: