Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Round 3-here we go!

Tomorrow will be my third round of chemo and I will honestly say I am not looking forward to it. Seems I am just now feeling better from the last one. BUT it brings me that much closer to being finished so I will not complain.

Still am so thankful for such a wonderful support system, so many friends, relatives, and cheerleaders all around me. I really don't know how people do this without that. All I know is that God has certainly blessed me with a lot of people to hold me up and I am one thankful person!

Of course I can never brag enough about the love of my life, Wes as he continues to stand by me and never wavers. He still can look at me-breastless and bald-and tells me I am beautiful and that he loves me. He is definitely a huge blessing and a wonderful gift that God has given me. I love him so!!!!!!!!!!!

Father God, I commit myself and my suffering to You, my faithful Creator, and I will continue to do good (1 Pet.4:19). For I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that You are able to guard what I have entrusted to You for that day (2 Tim. 1:12).
Lord, I entrust tomorrow to You fully. Give me strength Lord and keep me from dreading this so much because I KNOW I can do this and complete all the treatments. Help me finish strong! I know that you are going before me and for that I am thankful.

God is good-------------all the time! susan

1 comment: