Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Am I old or is chemo just bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a pretty rough week, I'm not gonna lie! Last chemo I seemed to bounce back by the second week but this time I'm not bouncing very high, but I AM still doing my stuff! Not sure if it is my age or just that chemo just takes a lot out of you. Seems to attack every area of your body at one time or another. I know it has to do that so that all the cancer cells can be found and destroyed so I know feeling yukky is a small price to pay. So I say "bring it on"!
Next week I will do my third round and I am praying for strength and lots of bounce.

Yesterday was great, had ladies luncheon at church and a wonderful time of fellowship with about 45 ladies. We collected baby supplies and clothes for Buckner and had some of the cutest stuff you have ever seen, AND collected over $300 toward the purchase of car seats for moms in need. Way to go Crestview ladies, so glad to be able to be a part of that ministry.

We are in full swing for our annual Home for the Holidays on Oct. 23! Wow can't believe it's time but so glad I am able to do my thing in that area. Please Lord let me finish this task strong-I so love it.

God continues to be my stronghold in the midst of all of this. I continue to remind myself that no matter where I am going He has been there before me and has and will continue to straighten the paths. What a comfort that is to know He is my constant companion and has blessed me with a strong family and many friends who accompany me on this journey.

Father God, I commit myself and my suffering to You, my faithful Creator, and I will continue to do good (1Pet.4:19). For I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that You are able to guard what I have entrusted to You for that day (2 Tim. 1:12)

Father, I entrust to You the next weeks of this battle-hold me up Lord, hold me up!

God is good----------------all the time. susan

No comments:

Post a Comment