Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just how tired can I get? Seriously

Seems like I cannot regain the strength I had before. I am just not prepared to stay down and I am not! I pledge to drag myself, if need be, to whatever I need to do. God alone knows I would go crazy if I have to hibernate-I will just rely on Him to carry me.

The sores in my mouth feel like footballs but I have learned to be a big girl and swallow that nasty mouthwash I got from the doctor. It does give periods of numbness and that is a relief.

On an up note it is a beautiful day and fall is in the air. I am so thankful for seasons so we don't get bored with the same old thing. Also my baby son, Marshall, is coming home for a while and I am soooooooo looking forward to that. He can do his studies on line so he can be here for a while to help out. I wish all of my children were here, I do miss them so when they are away. I think maybe we should all live together on a commune so we could at least see each other daily. Just to be able to see them and know all is well means so much. I can't say how proud I am of each of them and their families.

Listen to these words from David: Praise be to You, Lord, for You showed Your wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city (Ps. 31:21). Me too, David, I am in a "besieged city" but what a comfort to know that God is bigger than any besieger there is! I am well aware that whatever troubles we have here on this earth are all worth it because we will see glory in heaven. And, those troubles only make us stronger Christians to do whatever He has waiting for us up ahead.
So I fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal (2Cor. 4:17-18) I know this besieger is not eternal, our life after is-Praise God for His promises.

God is good----------all the time! susan

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me, my sweet friend. Have I told you TODAY how much I love you???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you on the commune idea.;) Hang tough!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete