Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Incredible Pep Rally

What a night we had last night. Some of the ladies from my beloved Crestview got together and threw a "Pep Rally" for me last night at Alta Lynn's house (she is Miss Hospitality of the world). They really did it up right and it was a blast. They had pink megaphones with fuzzy boas on them that said "Team Susan", there were inspirational signs all over the walls, flags on the food and gifts that said "Team Susan", some even had pink t-shirts that had "Team Susan" embroided on them, and of course loads of food.
They had all decided to put together a necklace for me with Brighton charms so they each had gone to Merle Norman, where I work, and picked out charms of their choice and gave them to me all seperately. At the end of the night the necklace was almost full and of course beautiful. Each charm will remind me of that sweet friend who took the time to pick out something very special. I also received other gifts such as journals, cards, money, notes, even special items to make treatment easier when the time comes. What a special time we all had, many tears, laughter, and celebration of friendship.
I was once again humbled by the outpouring of love just for me. What another gift from God as He continues to show me about His "crazy love" for His children. I don't know how people go through these storms without Him to carry them. Thanks to all you ladies who had a huge part in making last night so special-I truely felt loved by all.
Today was a day of tests at the hospital. Up at 5:00 and at the hospital by 7:30 for CT scan, bone scan and two seperate blood tests. Thought would be a breeze and it was except I am bone tired and still have a bunch to do. By the way that die they run through you really does make you feel like you have tee-teed on yourself-had to look and feel to make sure I didn't!
God is good though and we are still making progress. Surgery is set for July 2 in Dallas. Post op this Thursday. My head is still swimming but feel peaceful.
Thanks for all the encouragement and love--------Keep praying! God is good--all the time! susan

6 comments:

  1. How can you talk about today without mentioning the foot phone?!

    I love you mom.

    Proud to call you mom and inspired by your strengf. (thats strengt in the streets of colleyville)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has a plan and you are at the center of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go MOM go!!! Wish I could have been there... sounds like a great time! Im sure there will be many more! I love Crestview and the support and love it has ALWAYS offered our family! What a wonderful home! Thanks for taking care of my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,

    I got an email from Mary Hendricks this morning about your current mission. The army of the Lord is fighting for you!

    I don't know if you are familiar with Matt Chandler from The Village Church but he was diagnosed Thanksgiving of last year with stage 4 brain cancer. I highly recommend listening to his sermons from November forward.

    Especially listen to the sermon from John Piper --- Yes the Author! on 12/27/09.

    David Crowder's song --- "Oh How He Loves" came to my mind just after I read the email. I dedicate it to you!

    Press On! Dear Sister! Press On!
    Jeremiah 33:3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan -- Am I going to have to edit your blogs? Doctors would never inject DIE into you, but they would use DYE as a contrast medium. And we all know that you have that "Outlaw bladder", so peeing on one's self is just a natural thing. Love you and you are doing a great job keeping us posted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. (I know I'm a few days late...story of my life, I know)

    I'm sorry I couldn't be at your pep rally, but please know that my heart and my prayers are with you, and I just want to say thank you so much for letting all of us follow your journey.

    I love you all, and thank you for sharing your story!

    (Jennifer McConnell)

    ReplyDelete