Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Countdown until Friday----three more days

As the day approches for the surgery I continue to turn more inward and to the Lord for strength and calmness-some days are hard.
God You are my refuge and strength, an every-present help in trouble. Therefore I will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
I will be still and know You are God. You, Lord Almighty are with me. You, God of Jacob, are my fortress (Ps. 46:1-2, 10-11)
I commit my way to You, Lord. I trust in You and You will do this; You will make my righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of my cause like the noonday sun (Ps. 37:5-6)
May all be for your glory Lord.
God is good----------all the time! susan

3 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration!!! I love your whole face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan: Richard and I will be praying for you during the days and weeks ahead. You are a very strong lady and we love you. God will bring comfort to you and Wes and the children. Just remember God is in control and he already knows the outcome of this trial in your life. Just remember that all the Atchley's are praying for you. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Reeves, I am not sure if you remember me....but, I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I am thinking about you and praying for your successful surgery and quick recovery. I can't tell you how much you have inspired me (& some many others, I'm sure) with your story and your beautiful words. I am so amazed with the way you met this life experience head on and have decided to swallow it whole! God truely is working through you... "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

    You are in my thoughts and prayers,
    Kendall Owens

    ReplyDelete