Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

News from scans

Surgeons office called this morning to give me reports. Weird listening to everything they showed about every spot in my body. Most was nothing I didn't know and nothing to be concerned about. She did say limp nodes on the right side (not the breast with the spot) were swollen and that Dr. Brian would look at them. She said it could be nothing but good to know that they can spot things like that. I am not gonna lie it did make me suck air a bit to think "the invader" could have done something weird and skipped over there. I vow to take one day at a time and cross that bridge when we get to it. Thankful for the decision to take both breasts!
We are off to Dallas today to have an appointment with the hospital for pre-op tomorrow and with the surgeons patient laison to walk us through procedures. So many appointments and so much information. So thankful for the doctors that they want us to understand everything.
I am so thankful for all the comments on the blog and so many prayers from people I don't even know but we are "kinsmen through our Jesus". I have never felt so loved and blessed in all my life and humbled beyond words. I love each of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today has been a little rough, probably because I think my body is tired and I am longing for "normal" already. Something tells me I won't see that for a very long time. This journey seems further than what I can imagine but I know who carries me and I know He is strong when I feel so weak and helpless! Praise God for that.
"Reach down for me from on high, my God and Redeemer, and take hold of me. Draw me out of deep waters. Remove me from my powerful enemy, from my foes who are strong for me! My enemy has confronted me on the day of my disaster, but you Lord are my support! Bring me to a spacious place, rescue me, for you delight in me." (Psalm 18:16-19) Amen and Amen
God is good--------all the time! susan

2 comments:

  1. Hey Susan, I'll be praying for you on your trip to Dallas. Pray that everything will go smoothly and that you and the family are filled with PEACE!
    Love you,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, Thank you for being so open about the new opportunity the Lord has put before you. Who knows how he'll use you, but I can see you will be willing to do what he asks. Brent and I pray for you and your family everyday.

    Kathy Miles

    ReplyDelete