Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Monday, June 28, 2010

My favorite day---------Sunday

Glorious day at our beloved Crestview yesterday. So many well wishers and prayers for our family as we set out on this journey on Friday. Such a comfort! Also had the Lord's Supper and I couldn't help but think how fitting to share with my Jesus His supper on this Sunday before the surgery-how I love that sacriment.
Had dinner with a special friend who has been through this several years ago, Sherry Thomas. She had so many great tips and brought a wonderful basket full of things to help through the surgery and treatment. I hope I too can be the inspiritation she is when I am on the other side of this journey. Thanks Sherry! Unless you have been here you never realize how much each suggestion, card, word of encouragement, hug, and basket full of goodies means. It is so humbling and special. Christian friends are the best and God uses them in ways we never even imagine.
As each day draws closer to the surgery God continues to show His glory in wonderful ways. The sunsets become more beautiful, sunrises are brighter, the rain (yes, we had rain in West Texas last night) smells sweeter, the green of the trees even seems brighter, and of course the love of friends becomes more apparent. Finally the closeness of family and the love they pour on me daily is even more special than the days before. Especially my sweet Wes as he continues to make the days calmer and full of love-he is the best and a rock! Thank you God for this man you have allowed me to share my life with.
I continue to ready my self for the days ahead and can't help but be anxious about what the days will hold. I vow to look to my Jesus for strength, courage and an outlook that whatever lies ahead is not too big for me and Him together. "Therefore, what you are commanding me today is not too difficult for me or beyond my reach." (Deut. 30:11) He will strengthen me!
God is good--------------all the time! susan

1 comment: