Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Surprise-----------Pink Bracelets for all

Today was an amazing day at our home church, Crestview Baptist. Wes and I teach 11th graders and the youth area is always full of loudness, laughter, and love. The kids came into the room and Wes began the lesson, I looked down and on his wrist was a pink breast cancer bracelet. I thought "nice someone gave him a bracelet, I must remember to ask who it was". After we taught a little longer I suddenly realized that every kid in that class had one of those bracelets. SURPRISE! My sweet husband and kids had ordered the bracelets that said Pray for Susan and had my life verse on them 2nd Cor. 12:9. How humbled I was to see them being passed out at church and people asking for them. What an amazing flood of love washed over me and I truely felt covered by His love and mercy. Thank you family! What a special surprise.
The whole service seemed to be taylor made for me as the band began praise and worship. Tears came but that was okay because I got to praise my Jesus in the comfort of my Crestview with the Crestview family hugging and promising their thoughts and prayers our way.
Like I will alway say, "God is good...........all the time."
Oh and happy Father's Day to the most wonderful father in the world. How blessed our children are. I love you!

1 comment: