Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Made It!

Feel like I accomplished something by making it through week 2 of chemo. The fluids really helped with the nausea just left me with acheness and fatigue. Feels like I have done two Home for the Holidays back to back and need to crash. I have managed to keep going and worked a little (love that store). Just try to take it a little easy at home and of course my sweet Wes helps out so much and is so patient. Have had some wonderful meals this week thanks to sweet friends-what a God send they are.

Wigs are doing well, I even wrapped a scarf around my head to watch a movie at home last night and Wes didn't even call me aunt Jamima, thank you Lord. Still have my eyelashes and making good use of mascara while I can. Wonder what all else that chemo kills besides cancer but then I certainly can't think about that. Just glad I'm still kicking!

Ready for church tomorrow and of course the unveiling of the new hair. I am sure everyone will be kind to me. Don't know whether that means they are just nice, or just scarred to say anything bad, or maybe it does look darn good. After all everyone knows there is nothing worse on earth than a female who has lost her hair and is still on chemo! I'd be scarred, wouldn't you?

Speaking of lovely-check out this wonderful quote-
"When you are feeling unlovely, soak yourself in the proclamations of God's unfailing love for you". Wow, how is that for a promise, nothing so bad can make His children unlovely in His eyes.
I'm so glad He looks through all the ugliness of our behavior and our thoughts, even our bald skinny heads, out of shape bodies, and sick insides; and He continues to lavish His unfailing love on us every second of every day. Thank you my Jesus for loving me!

God, How I thank You that I can confidently claim that if You are for me, who can be against me? (Rom. 8:31). As Your child, help me to realize every day of my life that You are for me and never against me-and to know with full confidence that you go before me and the battle is won already!

God is good------------all the time, susan

1 comment:

  1. Love you lady...sure that you are gonna look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete