Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

God shall be glorified!

Tomorrow is the day I go under the knife and this invader will be removed and we shall see how far it has gone through my body. I am trusting that it has stayed within bounds and the treatment will be minimal.
I have to admit the anxiousness has caught up with me and I certainly am not looking forward to the day but am so glad to get this over and see what I have before me. I do know one thing God is with me and I feel His presents stronger than ever in my life. I am blown away at the prayers from people I don't even know but are brothers and sisters in Christ. I don't know how people go through these storms without Jesus by their side. He is carrying me through this storm and will deliver me on the other side.
Many songs have rolled through my head over the past few days but one continues to echo through my brain. 'He never lets go, through the calm and through the storm, oh no He never lets go no He never lets go of me-He keeps on holding and He never lets go of me.' I am claiming that with everything in me and I continue to reach out to Him and trust Him to calm these waves that seem to be engulfing me right now! I refuse to let them overtake me and tomorrow when I am taken into that surgery room I know the strength of the Lord will flow through every hand that touches me and He will be victorious in the end.
His paths are right and true and I welcome whatever He has in store for me-I will not fear for He is with me and He comforts me through it all.
God is good--------------all the time! susan

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you at this moment and pray all goes well with the surgery and that the cancer is contained. God is with you and will bring you through this and I'm so inspired by you. You are a great woman! Keep up the faith and God bless you and will continue to pray for you in your recovery and also for your family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete