Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Let's roll

Today was the day to see the oncologist, Dr. Carr. She was great and was so helpful with good information. Best of all she is as anxious to get this started as I am (maybe not as anxious but she is ready to roll).
I will have an ecocardiogram on Friday just as a precaution. Apparently the first round of chemo can have adverse effect on the heart sometimes but only in a very small number of patients. She just wants to get a base line and be sure the old ticker is normal. Shouldn't be any problem.
Then on Monday morning I have chemo class to learn everything they will do and where everything is. Then at 1:00 in the afternoon I will have my first treatment.
I am just glad we are getting everything moving so we can be done with it. Also the unknown is always scarier than what actually happens and I need peace in that area.
I am calling on God's "peace like a river" to cover me and I am confident He will. He has never failed me in the past and I am confident that He will not this time. He always delivers us in whatever storms He chooses to let us pass through. I am ready to be delivered to the other side and see what is over on the other side of this mountain.
I choose to face this with every ounce of energy and strength that God has given me and I pray that that strength will increase with every bump in the road.
So, on goes the journey, bumps and all. I pray for the roads to be straightened, Lord. This time you may have to carry me!
God is good-------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment