Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Up jumped the Devil!

Yesterday seemed to be one of those days when Satan gave me his undivided attention as I was so weepy and I guess self absorbed even though I fought it all day. I was glad to see bed time and knew that today would be a new day. Today is a new day and a beautiful one it is, glorious sunshine even though it is as hot as heck but it is still glorious. Isn't it wonderful how you can have a bad day and just know that you can start all over tomorrow and not have to feel guilty or look back, just enjoy the day that the Lord has made. Praises for that!

Was so good to see everyone at church yesterday and even when I am weepy all my friends love me still, just like Jesus does. Pray that I can always remember that when other people need my love even when they are not particularly lovely to be around, as I am sure I wasn't, I will graciously give it to them. I am a little short on mercy for others, maybe God has that lesson for me as well as a few hundred more I am beginning to realize. I guess I am a slow learner seems some things He must teach me over and over. I pray for a bigger brain and I will pay closer attention this time.

Have to share this scripture as it really spoke to me on this journey;
Father I joyfully celebrate the fact that one day, at the time of Your appearing, You will make my enemy like a fiery furnace. In Your wrath You will swallow him up, and Your fire will consume him. (Ps.21:9)
Lord God, I will shout for joy when You make me victorious, and I will lift up a banner in the name of my God! Please, Lord, grant those requests. (Ps. 20:5)

This is my prayer-victory in Jesus!

God is good-----------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment