Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Uggg! Round 2

Had chemo yesterday and of course today has been kind of a downer. I spent this afternoon at the cancer center getting my booster shot and IV liquids to try and hold down the nausea. This crazy headache from the chemo is not fun but it does seem to be subsiding a little. I keep reminding myself this will pass sooner than later and is totally necessary. Days like this are hard because of all the pokes and needles-but-tomorrow is a new day and I am anxious to get there. I know the liquids are working because I have spent the remainder of the day in the bathroom but that is just more poison working its way through my system. Enough griping-movin on and I'm just glad to be alive and enjoying this cool weather we are so blessed to have.

As I was taking treatment this afternoon there we two "special men" they brought in for treatment from a local halfway house. The nurses were so gentle and patient with them and treated them with the utmost respect making them feel as comfortable as possible in a very unfamiliar environment to them. After all those years of teaching those precious souls my eyes filled with tears as I realized with all the problems they have lived with through the years, now they must endure even more. In their childlike ways they were so trusting and trying so hard to be brave.

We really have no problems and God has so blessed our families with health and so much more. I must remember to keep my eyes off myself and more on others and ultimately on the one who gives us life daily-our Lord and Savior!

You, my faithful Lord, are gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in Love. You, my Lord, are good to all. You have compassion on all You have made. All You have made will praise You, O Lord, Your saints will extol You (Ps 145:8-10).
Lord, my God, may Your unfailing love be my comfort, according to Your promise to Your servant (Ps.119-76). I am your servant Lord, use me!

God is good-------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment