Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Where oh where did that port wire go!

Got a call from Dr. Carr from the chest x-ray and I am definitely not broken (praise Jesus), but she still can't see the wire from the port clearly. Seems that thing goes over the clavicle bone and finds its way to a main artery. For some reason mine seems to be under the bone and she can't see it clearly. Wants me to have another chest x-ray on Monday before chemo on Tuesday. She did reassure me that she was sure mine was just a bit different but just didn't want the wire to be floating around (oh great). Just a precaution before chemo. Oh great, I say again-PLEASE LORD don't let me have to have surgery to straighten that thing out. I am trying to remain calm and not be alarmed. I, on the other hand, am having a hard time convincing myself to stay focused and know that I know God IS in control! Need some reassurance here Lord, I am loosing myself!

You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning. You turn my darkness into light. With Your help I can advance against a troop; with You, my God I can scale a wall!
As for You, my God, Your way is perfect, Your Word is flawless. You are a shield for all who take refuge in You (Ps. 18: 28-30). This wall seems to be growing, Lord, let me feel that shield.

God is good---------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment