Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Step back! Bummer

I was doing so good and regaining all my faculties from the chemo ----then---------- last Friday, I took a tumble in the kitchen. My old kitchen stool I had washed dishes on forever decided to come apart and throw me to the tile floor and on the way down the leg of the stool reached out and grabbed me in the ribs and who knows where else. All I know is that I fell all over the kitchen. Really was just bruised up and got up and went about my day. Had a full day on Saturday and did normal Sunday activities. Monday I noticed swelling around my surgery area and a little more soreness. Woke up at 4am and was hurting around the rib area and of course concerned about the swelling. Called the doctor this morning and went in at 12:30, Dr. Carr thought I had bruised cartilage around the rib cage, no broken bones (thank you Jesus). She ordered a chest x-ray just to be sure the port was still wired correctly so we would have no problem next Tuesday to do chemo again. I am waiting on the readings from the x-rays but she anticipated no problem.

I'm not gonna lie, this morning was hard and I had an immediate pity party. Why now, why this? Answer is, now is never a good time but it is what it is and I will survive and go on with treatment and whatever comes thereafter. Sometimes I do want to quit and this morning was one of them, but it is way too early to feel like that, I will try to not go there again (I don't like that place).

Today is a beautiful day and God remains in control of the day and of me-I must not forget that lesson.

Lord, please help me to revere Your name. You have promised that, if I do, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings and that I will go out and leap like a calf released from the stall (Mal.4:2). Ready for leaping Lord, send me your healing and raise me with your wings!

God is good---------------all the time! susan

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that pretty much sounds like it sucks. Thank you for being open about everything, you are an encouragement to SO many people! Steph M

    ReplyDelete