Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Aw sweet memories were made!

What a fabulous week we had with each other. It is such a joy to be with out children and their families and share days together. Then reality sets in and we have to come home to normal life and worst of all they have to go home. Such sweet times we had and those memories will be forever photos in my mind and I will recall them many times over the next few weeks. It is so hard as parents to let them go back to their families and homes after having them for a few days. I always shed tears and have a hard time during the following days and miss them terribly. Makes my heart hurt and I still hear Shiloh every morning coming down the hall saying "PopPop and SueSue"-she is a delight and we all just love her!!!!!!!!!!!
I came home to many more cards in our mail from people wishing me well and good health in the months to come. How sweet to know that so many are praying daily and interceding on my behalf. Cards from people I don't even know that have heard about me from mutual friends. This has certainly made me realize that I should do more when people are going through trials. So often I think good thoughts and pray for them but fail to carry through with a card or phone call when I should. I will certainly be better in the future because people need to know that they are being thought of. I am so blessed as I have said so many times before-God's grace is so good to us and I am thankful!
I am healing so well, this past week I can certainly see my strength returning. Now at home I can bend over, do wash, and reach up with little or no pain. Praises-feels so good to be able to do wash, cook, and pick up things from off the floor. We forget about the little things of life and how important it is to be able to do them for ourselves. I am so thankful to be able to do for myself again-but also so thankful for the many people here in Midland who helped me when I couldn't and never made me feel like an invalid, but like I had given them the opportunity to serve for the Lord. Sometimes we forget that the Lord calls us to let people serve us-a hard lesson learned but He has so graciously taught me to receive that service and be grateful. Isn't it great to be a child of God and know that He loves us through others!
I now will put up the last of the clothes from our trip and be so grateful that my family belongs to God and that He gave us a beautiful week together.
The journey continues next week as I look forward to the oncology visit-God continues to carry me through.
God is good-----------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment