Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bodacioius hair, Bosoms, and Bunches of well wishers

This day was so full of fun and facing some of what will be coming up in the near future. Melissia and I went to Odessa to visit the wig shop, (those of you who know me well realize this was a huge step for me). I did get through it without tears until we got to the car and then they were minimal. Saw some really cute wigs and got ideas. The shop had the bosoms I will purchase when I get all healed up and I learned alot. Didn't know it was so involved to replace those buggers. Seems they come in all weights and sizes and they even have custom fit ones that are sculpted to your body size. What decisions, good I can take my time. We met so many nice people who have been where I am. I must admit it was a little weird being in a shop at the Music City Mall with people passing by looking in as you held fake boobs in your hands trying to see what would be the best. A little more privacy would be more desirable! Might try another shop next time.
So many people came by our house and my sweet hubby got to visit with them as I was not home. I am soooooo sorry I missed them and look forward to seeing them again soon. I must stick closer to home on the weekend.
As always I look forward to tomorrow and church and seeing everyone and having a day just for Jesus. I have so much to be thankful for on this journey-I must praise Him day by day!
God is good---------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment