Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Friday, July 16, 2010

I love home, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT DRAINS!

It is so good to be home even though I was only gone one night. Wes is home and in place and all is well!
Praise God the drains are out and the thought of pulling them out was 100 times worse than the actual process. I have to go back next week just to let surgeon look at incisions and be sure they are healing nicely. Wes and I will fly up and back in one day (such jet setters we are), thank you to my bosses at Merle Norman for the airline tickets.
The appointment with the oncologist went great, so much information. Melissia recorded so we could remember everything she had to say. All the pathology reports were good and all my counts were right as they should be. Good decision to do a bi-lateral mastectomy because the cancer was very fast growing and all the biopsies were full of actively growing abnormal cells and that usually means it comes back in close places. Because of the fast growing type she is recommending chemo which we will probably start around the first of August after the surgery places are healed. I will have 4 rounds of one kind of medication and 4 rounds of another. They will be given every 2 weeks, hopefully will be done around Christmas. Not a surprise and actually a relief because I want to have all this gone and as much prevention as possible for a recurrence. I have begun to prepare myself for hair loss, that will definitely be difficult for me but I know it is not eternal and God and I together will get through it! Just part of the journey.
The Psalms speak to me once again...."You give me Your shield of victory: Your right hand sustains me; You stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.........Arm me with strength for the battle; make my adversary bow at my feet. Make my enemy turn back in flight. Thank you, God! One day You will utterly destroy my foe!" (Ps. 18:35-36, 39-40).
I SO look forward to that day of victory!
God is good-------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment