Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Day of miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sitting here in this hospital bed and am amazed at what God has done today. (why are we amazed HE is still a God of miracles). The surgery went wonderfully, cancer had not spread and they only had to take 2 lymph nodes. The surgeon was so pleased and made special cuts so she would not have to go under my arms because of my crutches. She covered the lymph node cut with many layers and I can't even feel my crutches when I get up to walk. That's right! I have already been up to go to the bathroom and could walk by myself. Praise God because as you know that was a huge concern of mine. I can't tell you what a relief that is to know I can get up and down alone and without straining my arm. Must admit when I went to the bathroom my pee was a bright green and that freaked me out (the dye they used for the lymph is blue and blue and yellow = green, was a pretty color though). I have a morphine pump but have only used it 4 times all day-very little discomfort from those old bossoms. That's great not to have to rely on drugs because I hate feeling out of control (imagine that). Tomorrow will be just as good I am sure.
Today was so sweet as I experienced my precious husband pray over me and as each of the children came they prayed over me as well. The picture of the church ladies praying during the surgery was more than I could fathom. I am so loved and I feel every bit of that "crazy Love" being displayed by all of God's children. So humbling!
This hospital is incredible-only 16 beds in the whole place, I had my own private nurse as no one else was here, catered in meals that are delicious and such sweet nurses with sweet spirits. What another blessing from my Jesus.
Wes has been so wonderful, never leaving my side and so attentive. His soft side has really come out, so concerned for my comfort, gentle and loving. What a gift he is to me. I love him so!!!!!!!
An end to an incredible day. God's glory was truely revealed over and over.His ways are perfect and He has traveled this road before me and carried me in His arms all day long. I am so glad He never becomes weary! His love is truely a "crazy love"! His grace has been giant today and I am madly in love with my Jesus.
God is good----------------all the time! susan

3 comments:

  1. Susan- incredible miracles! God is so good- Thank you Jesus for answers to prayers. Hope today goes just as well for you. Looking forward to having you back in Midland!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, my sweet friend! Thanks for your sweet words and sharing. (Rob wasn't exactly grateful for the green pee discussion...hahaha) I read your post out loud to the family today. We all are celebrating answered prayers! As I read, I cried, of course - and they made fun of me, as usual. (what's a mother for?) =)
    You are very loved - the way you have so love on all of us. Those things come back to you, you know?
    Our God IS good and He loves you with a crazy love. Our prayers continue as we leave for camp.
    Round 1 goes to GOD! All glory goes to HIM!
    Love you oodles!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, Share this with anyone who wants to help! This is how we will manage your care and needs:
    Go to: www.carecalendar.org
    The helper log in will be:
    CALENDAR ID : 42632
    SECURITY CODE : 7458

    Anyone can call me if they have questions at 432-210-9139.
    I'm on facebook at Donna Young Watson or email at watsonredraiders@yahoo.com

    Love ya!
    Donna Wason

    ReplyDelete