Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Some days just make you want to cuss!

No, I didn't say bad words but as I woke up this morning I had thoughts of cursing everyone and everything. I just had to take a moment to tell the Lord that today was tough and that Satan was messin' with me and I needed some serious help. No prayer goes unanswered but we do have to get out of the way and let that answer come through. I'll have to admit I stood my ground most of the day and chose to be a grump.
My children insisted we go see Toy Story III and I went because I knew that was best but was not a happy camper (especially with doctor bills looming and the cost of movies RIDICULOUS)
The movie was great and of course it made me miss my "little" boy in Dallas. So hard to send them on their way as they grow up. I still believe in communes where all families stay together on the home land. We came home to lots of company and wonderful food and friends.
This day has ended in an amazing display of love from so many. One of my dear friends, Natalie, came over with homemade chicken spaghetti and a great verse that she said God gave to her just for me on this very day. Ps.10-17 "You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted, you encourage them, and you listen to their cry." Through Natalie, God answered me and encouraged me to not allow Satan to have the victory for today. You WILL NOT have this victory Satan-this day belongs to my Jesus and is to be met with victory and praise for what He has done for me and what He will continue to do for me and through me.
Praise to Jesus who sent exactly who He wanted me to be visited by today. From sweet Randy who came with roses and a precious card to Mike with the lasagna, Brittany with the cookies, JoAnn with the ice cream, to Alta Lynn and our sweet Br. John. The Lord knew who I needed in my life on this day as I struggled with myself. Thank you friends and especially my sweet family as they continue to stand by me step by step through this journey.
Tomorrow is a new day and I shall meet it with a renewed spirit and an outlook of thankfulness. Tomorrow I get to attend my beloved Crestview and praise my sweet Jesus-Sundays are the best day of all.
God is good-----------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment