Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peace like a Pond? NO Peace like a River!

Going to Ruidoso tomorrow with all the family for a week. We are all so ready for some down time just to enjoy God's creation and some of that cool mountain air. I will be able to blog though so I can tell you what God shows me daily in this journey. I am feeling great and everyday I have just a little more strength and the incisions seem to be looser so I don't feel like they will come apart if I lift my arms (believe me that's a praise).

Had a great devotional this morning. Beth Moore gave the analogy that God did not say He would give us peace like a pond, but a river. I thought about this and what a fresh word that truely is. We are not to be ponds, stagnent and going nowhere, just growing moss and smelling stinky. We are called to be rivers of rushing fresh water sharing that water of life wherever we go. Our lives are to be like that! I dwelled on that river for a while and what a peace that is for us to know that no matter how many boulders, rocks, pebbles or dams are presented to us as we go through the river of life, our God never ceases to give us peace as we go around, through and over those obstacles that are placed in our lives. This journey I am on is just a boulder in my river of life and it will not stop me---may slow me down ,but I refuse to be stopped in midstream and become a stagnent, smelly pond! BRING IT ON-I'm ready to be peaceful no matter what is put in my path. Lord, I come to you in prayer, and I ask You now to let your peace, God, which transforms all understanding guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:7)
God is good--------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment