Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrate!

We were released from the hospital today before noon.Took several trips to leave the hospital because of all the beautiful flowers and accumlation of precious well wishes and gifts that were sent.
We traveled to Grapevine and checked into the Hyatt to rest up for the trip home tomorrow. All the family came to the hotel so we could watch the Grapevine fireworks. God provided a great room where we had a window that pointed straight to the Grapevine lake and we could see the fireworks right from our room. It was like a gift to watch the celebration right out our window with all of the kids. Shiloh loved it and jabbered continually until they were over. She kept saying WOW WOW WOW, loved them! We are so blessed to live in this free country where we can all celebrate that freedom and praise God for it. Marshall is right, sometimes it almost makes you feel guilty as you realize that many in our world do not have that. We must always remember and never let that freedom be compromised.
Tomorrow a new life style will begin at the house in Midland as I need to remember to do what the drs. said so that I can recover satisfactorily and quickly. Need to come back in about 1 1/2 weeks to get the drains out and meet again with the surgeon and the oncologist. Diagnostics should be back on Wednesday. Should look good-no doubt God was in that operating room.
So many nurses that cared for me said that they felt God's prescence in our family and my prayer is that that feeling would continue as we come in contact with more and more people on this journey. That, as always is my prayer, that God may be glorified as we travel this road.
I don't know what I will face in the coming days but I do know that my God will go before me and carry me through with strength and courage and the glory shall go to Him!
His power has surely been apparent in these past few days of weakness-praise you Jesus.
God is good-------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment