Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Patience my child, patience

Sometimes people just don't move as fast as I want them to. Yes, my family tells me I am bossy and I know I am and I try to be not so pushy but sometimes we just need things done NOW!
I am still trying to get an appointment with Dr. Carr the Midland oncologist and finally got through to a person rather than a machine. Had to go down to the Allison Cancer Center and sign release papers so they could get records from the doctor in Dallas. Sure am glad I'm not at deaths door cause nothing happens fast. They were very nice though and said they would get right on it. Yes, I was polite and didn't scream or cause a scene because I want them to be nice to me when I have to come in for treatment. This whole thing is teaching me more patience and not everything runs on my time table. Do you think maybe God had that lesson in mind for me? Don't answer that, I KNOW!
Melissia is in the living room doing my ironing, I have a feeling this is going to be one of those "teachable moments." Last week Weslee did it and it was as well. Not bad though, I am just afraid they won't offer again as I am just a little picky about how things look. This young generation doesn't iron as much as us old timers do, so they don't know it takes a little extra time. No complaining out of either girl though-I am so blessed with wonderful children.
My desire is that all of these blessings will be turned back to others in time. I want to be obedient in that so that every blessing can be turned back to praise, just as the song says.
"Though they have been going through much trouble and hard times, their wonderful joy and deep poverty have overflowed in rich generosity." 2 Cor. 8:2. No we are not poverty stricken yet, although some of these bills make us feel as such! Thank you Lord for good insurance and for a great Christian place for my husband to be employed so that needs can be met.
Lord, may we overflow with rich generosity toward others from the blessings you so richly bestow on us.
God is good-----------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment