Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Darn Drains

Well here we go with the drain saga again. Can't help but compare it with obsessions with BM's-how is that you say-well when we are new Moms you are always concerned with babies having a good poop at least once a day, then when we have surgery that is always a concern, and of course with age you always want to do that at least once a day. Well now with surgery and drains, to keep the liquid from collecting, you want it to come out but then they put this number for you to get down to, 30cc, before they take these things out, I AM NOT THERE, darn and darn again. Called surgeon this morning and told them my numbers and they said they will not be there by Monday so had to move my appointments to Thurs. Not wonderful news but, as I try to always say------it's not eternal! I will reach that 30cc and can once again not have tubing coming out of my sides and emptying of the bulbs as a twice a day ritual. Small price to pay for them getting rid of the "invader within". I WILL praise God for the drains, by golly!
I am reminded again that Jesus answers our prayers with a "wait on my timing"-this is His wait time and I know those are the times that turn out to be sweetest with Him. More time to focus on Him and what blessings He has poured on me during this journey. So many each day and fresh each morning as I face another day. His love has truly been lavished (I love that word because it sounds just like what it is) on me and my family. I thank Him for friends, family, the world and all that is so beautiful and sweet in it. Most of all for His Son He sent to give us freedom-the freedom to be His eternally.
"His word is new every morning". Thank you Lord for your word and all the promises that you remind us of daily!
God is good----------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment