Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pain of the drain

Recovery has been smooth but I'm just sayin' these drains are a pain in the you know what! It is just so weird having some tubbing hanging out of you sides all the time. We empty them twice a day and I am praying for the 30cc of liquid to get to that number now rather than later. I realize this is very petty considering why they are there but I long to be able to sleep on my side and not have the rubber hoses pinch in the night. That will come later though and this is all part of the process.
My sweet daughters have been so helpful and are working so hard so that I don't have to. They see to it that I have not had to lift a finger to do anything. Such a beautiful thing to see how they have become women and have such servants hearts-thank you Jesus for that blessing!
This morning as I took a shower my sweet grandbaby, Shiloh got in with me and as I soaped up this old fat body I could feel her picking up water and rubbing it on my back. So sweet, already learning to help others! She is such a sweety and has been such a joy to be around. Love that baby!
Today is the day that the Lord has made and I WILL rejoice and be glad in it, drains and all.
Thank you Lord for the drains so that all the fluid can run off and no one has to suck it out everyday. I am still amazed at modern technology and how God has taught us humans to hurry along His perfect healing.
God is good-------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment