Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"On the Road Again"

Once again packing for Dallas and trying to remember every little detail. The girls and I will be leaving in the morning to go to Dallas. Wes flew out this morning on a overnight business trip to South Carolina and we will meet him in Dallas tomorrow evening. Pray for us "girls" as we set out in this old world alone. Weird not having my best guy with me but the girls assure me we are "big girls" and can do this!
Drains (ah the wonderful drains) seem to be doing good-not draining much but still they let me know they are still a part of me. Hopefully "drains be gone" on Thursday. I must say I WILL NOT miss them one bit. Seem to be having phantom pains in my breast that is no longer there-feels so weird but I am sure that is normal. I am sure my body is still in shock to loose parts. Everything seems to be healing well and looking good. We shall see.
Still so many wonderful blessings from people each day. Today a special surprise, a bright red prayer blanket crocheted by some wonderful ladies in the Dallas area. How thoughtful from people I don't even know. God is so full of surprises each day-surprises that lift spirits and assure us from being overcome by the waves of this ol' life.
Each day I am reminded of David in the Psalms as he poured out his fears, sorrows, joys and hopes to the Lord and we can be assured of the hope in the end.
Ps 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overcome you: when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; neither will the flame overtake you. Fear not for I AM WITH YOU!
Thank you Lord I feel your presence.
God is good----------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment