Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Go God, Go

Today continued to be a day of tremendous improvement and marvel of how God can take you from shear panic to being awestruck.
The morphine drip was taken out because I didn't need it and they took the fluid IV out so my feet have began to go down finally. They looked like balloons and I was having trouble getting my brace on. I finally got it on and my foot has been much better, the fluid has begun to go away and of course I have numerous trips to the bathroom but I am thankful to be able to go on my own.
Thanks to a wonderful nurse, Debra, we learned how to change dressings, drains, and all about where the scars are and how great they look already. Dr. Brian is an incredible surgeon and certainly has this surgery down to an art. I thank God for leading us to her!
We got to all spend the day together as a family and I am sure this hospital will welcome our departure as we have all been piled in this room and laughing and just enjoying each other all day. There are flowers all over and it smells wonderful. The kids have all gone home now and it is so quiet once again. Just my wonderful husband and myself. We are so blessed with such wonderful children, they have all been so loving and helpful and enjoyed each other. It has been a truely special time for all of us to come together. Thank you Lord for the added blessing.
It is so sweet to hear from the nurses that we have a beautiful family and how they are delightful kids. I guess in our young unknowing way, Wes and I allowed God to help us raise these children. What a delight it has been to see what God has done and continues to do with them. I welcome many years to come as we watch them grow in the Lord and glorify Him with their lives.
The doctor and nurses say tomorrow we can get up shower, get dressed, and can leave the hospital and begin our second part of this journey. One night in a hotel across the street from the hospital and then back to Midland to recouperate and see friends and enjoy life with a new perspective.
We all enjoyed the fire works across from the hospital tonight and as I watched they seemed brighter than any other fourth of July. Sweet Shiloh loved them and I loved watching her squeal and clap as she watched. Funny how this invader has shed a whole new light on my life. Things are much sweeter and more precious than ever. I praise you Father for letting me enjoy this life with a whole new outlook. What a beautiful world this is and I am loving life.
God is good--------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment