Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yea God!

This morning my devotional from Beth Moore devo book was so right on, I needed to hear it. Wanted to share.
Help me to call this to mind and therefore always have hope because of Your great love. I am not consumed, for Your compassion's never fail. They are new toward me every morning, great is Your faithfulness. I will say to myself. "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him" (Lam 3: 22-24)
I will be glad and rejoice in Your love. O God, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have noit handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place (Ps. 31: 7-8). Hallelujah!
You eternal God are my refuge and underneath are Your everlasting arms. You will draw out my enemy before me saying. "Destroy him" (Deut.33:27) Amen and Amen
My diagnostic reports came back as expected. No cancer in either lymph taken and the tumor was contained! No surprises said the surgeon. I go back Monday for post-op visit and we go from there.
What a mighty God we serve!
God is good----------all the time! susan

1 comment:

  1. WOW that is GREAT news! And thanks for sharing the scriptures! Steph M

    ReplyDelete