Sometimes it hurts to be a beautiful cripple!

Welcome to my life. I was diagnosed with polio when I was 15 months old but have had an absolutely wonderful and full life. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, Wes and three beautiful children-Melissia married to Josh, Weslee married to Zach, and Marshall who will be married someday to someone just as fabulous. Weslee and Zach have presented us with the most beautiful and smartest grandchild in the entire world, Shiloh Celeste.
On Sunday afternoon, June 6, 2010 my world suddenly hit a brick wall when I found a lump in my breast. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe where my life would go next.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Calmness in the midst of this storm

Home from Dallas and a great report from the surgeon. She released me and I don't have to go back until after chemo so I can have the port removed. Everything looked good and the incisions are healing as they should. Had some sweet time with our baby boy just hanging-God has so blessed us with great visits during all this chaos. We so missed our Weslee, Zach and baby Shiloh as they were away for a wedding at Zach's folks home. So miss those children, wished we lived closer. Times with all of the children are so special-even more so now!

Still waiting on records from Dallas and an appointment here with the oncologist. Trying to get through all the wonderful government regulations on releasing of records is the pits-I should have hand carried everything from Dallas. Will certainly know better next time (pray there won't be that opportunity).
My merciful Father, I claim and choose to believe Your Word that says that though You bring grief, You will show compassion, so great is Your unfailing love. You do not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men. (Lam.3:31-33)
You have not left me as an orphan. You came to me. Even though the world does not see you any more I can see You through the work of Your Holy Spirit. Because You live, I also live. Help me to realize that You, Jesus are in Your Father, and I am in You, and You are in me. (John 14:15-20)

I do feel the Lord so much stronger these days as I find myself wondering what the days of chemo will bring. I want to go into them stronger than I have ever been before, because I have a beautiful family to watch grow. I look forward to walking with Wes through the many fun times ahead and the blessing of being able to share our children's lives. My daily prayer will be for God to allow me that blessing.
...Lord you favor lasts a lifetime: weeping may remain for a night, but how I thank You that rejoicing comes in the morning (Ps. 30:5). Thank you Lord that all looks better in the morning!
God is good----------------all the time! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment